What? Yes, that’s what we’re saying. Our Green Detox Smoothie is not only really good for you, but it actually tastes…great.
Smoothies play a key role in our Detox Program diet plan, for those who do well with raw vegetables. For good reason: They are packed with nutrition, easy to digest, quick to make and satisfying. They are a natural energy booster and full of phytonutrients that help support your immune system.
We admit that not all smoothies are created equal. A green smoothie can taste, well, vegetable-y and kind of yucky. So we wanted to share with you our new favorite and tasty recipe.
ELSI’s Green Smoothie
Yields 1 serving
- 2 cups organic baby spinach and/or kale (or other leafy greens), tightly packed
- 1 -2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk and/or coconut water (depending on how thick you like it)
- ½ small avocado
- 1 apple or pear, cut into small chunks
- 1 Tablespoon almond or coconut butter
- Dash of cinnamon
Optional ingredients (these really boost the nutritional value): One serving of one or more of the following: PaleoMeal DF (vanilla), PaleoGreens, PaleoCleanse (you can purchase these products through my online store).
- Blend the leafy greens and coconut/almond milk or water until smooth.
- Add avocado and apple or pear and other ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tip: To make the smoothie even thicker, you can try adding a few ice cubes during step two. We sometimes also add fresh grated ginger and/or turmeric when blending to add zing.
We hope you like it, and wish you good energy!
Learn more about our Detox Program, which includes a complete booklet with instructions, tips and recipes for a successful 21-day detoxification.