Summer is here, and at Being Energy and Being Energy Medical, our minds are on the things we can do to enjoy it to its fullest. This week, I’d like to share my prescription for healthy living.
These six, effective tips for energy and wellness are simple to incorporate and sustainable, no matter the weather. Adapted from Dr. Oz and sprinkled with my own protocols, these are scientifically validated ways to build a strong foundation for health and vitality.
1. Get physical!
∼ Take 10,000 steps a day (30 minutes of walking is about 3,000 steps)
∼ Stretch for five minutes a day to increase or maintain your flexibility
∼ Do an activity that increases your heart rate for 60 minutes a week
∼ Engage in a strength building exercise for 30 minutes each week
2. Five foods to add to your diet (allergies and sensitivities permitting):
3. Avoid these five ingredients:
- High fructose corn syrup
- Enriched flour
- Trans-fat (partially hydrogenated oil)
- Saturated animal fat
4. Fiber is fabulous. Aim for 25 grams a day.
5. Omega-3’s rule. Omega-3 fatty acids have been proven to help reduce inflammation throughout the body and more. Good sources include:
- Flax seeds
6. Olive oil is “Youth in a Bottle,”says Dr. Oz, and I agree. Just one tablespoon a day is all you need to enjoy its benefits.
Have an annual physical
Get an eye exam every two years
Go to the dentist every six months
Women should have an annual PAP and pelvic exam
Men should have an annual testicular exam
For Women over 35:
Have an annual mammogram
Do a breast self examination monthly
Everyone from Age 50 up:
Have a colonoscopy every 5 – 10 years
Schedule a yearly skin exam
Have an echocardiogram and stress test as needed
From Age 60 up:
Make sure you have your hearing examined regularly
Have a bone density test
Get regular rectal exams
To keep at your healthy best, we always recommend a regular consultations with your doctor. Interested in scheduling an appointment for a consultation? You can contact our clinic at email@example.com or 310-231-3500. To read what our patients say, visit our website’s Testimonials from Our Patients page.
To good summer health,
Dr. Miles Reid